Countdown To Christmas!

CKbrowne

Renfair of color

Hello All,

I just wanted to reach out to those of us ladies that have a love of Knights in Shining Armor, and Female Warriors who don a corset and a sword.
I have worked at the NY Renaissance Faire off and on since 1997. I've loved over that time seeing more of us in garb on the faire grounds.

So let me know who you are, and of your experiences. 
I look forward to meeting you!

I Smile.jpg

A ha.jpg

Just Killmore.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Nice to meet you ! Have not been to NY renaissance faire yet but now have another reason to try  to get to one. That and the highlanders in kilts LOL 

• Like 1

Wow! These photos are amazing!  Asides from NY, where are some good places to attend a faire?  I've never been to one! 

Your pics make me want to play! I love the garb, but I've yet to make it to a true ren fair. I don't think I'd know what to do! 

Any tips for a ren fair newb?

They are fun. I think the first time you go, just dress comfortably. If you wear garb, make sure you can wear it all day. And good boots. innersoles are a god send.
Whatever you do just have fun. Oh and be prepared for portable privies.
Oh if you do garb, don't bring weapons( swords, daggers). They will be peace tied . You may get away with a bodice dagger.
If you can get a schedule beforehand, get one. So you can see what acts are happening at what time.
Where are you thinking of going?

I'd love to go but i would want to be dressed to the nines...no swords  would need to find a good seamstress or someone really good at period costume design. 

Here are some images from over the years.

Believe it or not the court dress one, I was 4 months pregnant with my second son.

Cloisters.jpg

Preggers with Log.jpg

arms.jpg

On 12/12/2018 at 9:14 AM, CKbrowne said:

They are fun. I think the first time you go, just dress comfortably. If you wear garb, make sure you can wear it all day. And good boots. innersoles are a god send.
Whatever you do just have fun. Oh and be prepared for portable privies.
Oh if you do garb, don't bring weapons( swords, daggers). They will be peace tied . You may get away with a bodice dagger.
If you can get a schedule beforehand, get one. So you can see what acts are happening at what time.
Where are you thinking of going?

I need to find one in the Chicago area, or Michigan, Indianapolis is also driveable. 

1 minute ago, Jonita said:

I need to find one in the Chicago area, or Michigan, Indianapolis is also driveable. 

There is one in Bristol July 6 - September 2, 2019.

3 minutes ago, CKbrowne said:

3 minutes ago, CKbrowne said:

Adding this to my calendar. Thanks!!!

1 minute ago, Jonita said:

Do I have to wear these to a renfair? or could I just wear them out grocery shopping or going to the post office? The garb looks amazing, and like just wearing them would improve life. 

Asking for a friend, of course. :classic_biggrin:

To be honest when I attend weddings I always wear a corset with a skirt. It always looks fancy and you always look smokin in it. Peasant tops and long skirts rock in the summer. And if you live near a faire, trust me i don't think anyone would bat an eye.

11 hours ago, ThaBossLady said:

I'd love to go but i would want to be dressed to the nines...no swords  would need to find a good seamstress or someone really good at period costume design. 

Check out that link CKbrowne posted in this thread. The garb is really nice! It will take some saving to buy though. But looks worth it. 

oh i know it would I follow a few period costume folks on IG What i really would LIKE would require  me to hit the megamillions jackpot  but i got the link and THX!!   Some of this is stuff i would grab anyway 🙂

golden-elizabethan-dress.jpg

elizabeth.jpg

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ThaBossLady said:

oh i know it would I follow a few period costume folks on IG What i really would LIKE would require  me to hit the megamillions jackpot  but i got the link and THX!!   Some of this is stuff i would grab anyway 🙂

golden-elizabethan-dress.jpg

elizabeth.jpg

Wow. Those are nice!

Thanks long time history buff been dying to grab one of these and hit a glam costume party or a faire haven't yet but its in the works

13 hours ago, ThaBossLady said:

Thanks long time history buff been dying to grab one of these and hit a glam costume party or a faire haven't yet but its in the works

When ever you do please share pics!

Thank you for all the great photos I love costuming. I play dystopia Rising post-apocalyptic LARP and there's a lot of costuming really creative too. Thanks for the inspiration.